Search

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Dress McCalls M7469 Nicole Miller


This pattern from Nicole Miller for Mccalls ( M7469 )  was love at first sight for me. I loved all the seams in the front, the pockets, the fact that you can make it in a cozy knit . This is my wearable muslin because in the next one I will alter the neckline , bateau neckline is not my favorite in the cold times , also an alteration for narrow shoulders .


I did not expect that the back was without any shaping...in the drawings there are two lines on the back that made me think that there where two darts but in the model picture you can see that the back is not shaped... I did miss that one :) . I added two darts on my dress, and I am very happy how it is now. Also I took 3 cm from the CB at the neckline as it was really gaping . Also I have skipped the zipper as it is really easy to get in and out of this dress .





I made a size 12 , the chart was putting me on size 14 for the bust and 12 the rest but I made a straight 12 and I think the fit is great .The pattern calls for medium stretch fabric and the white/black it is a medium stretch jacquard knit and the black contrast is  ponti knit. No alterations on the sleeve length. . 


I just love the pockets in this dress!!  


I  made the dress 3 cm shorter than the pattern  and did not really follow the instructions on how to hem the slit. I made mitered corners instead, very neat I think :).



I am really happy with this pattern ! I have all my pattern pieces altered and ready to cut a new dress. It is a very easy pattern, the instructions are great and without the zipper on the back it makes a very fast sewing .





2 comments: