I don`t know why I don`t sew more of the Burda Style patterns. I don`t really hate tracing the patterns and I have a SA ruller ( actually two ; one in 3/8" and one 5/8") that makes adding seam allowances really easy and I do have a subscription since 2009. Maybe because there are so many other sewing patterns companies that I want to try.
This is the dress pattern 129 from issue 2/2015. It is a petit pattern so I traced the equivalent of size 36-38 and after a little paper fitting, I had to adjust the pattern as it was too short in the waist. I used this method that is explained on the Burdastyle.com. After that I made a muslin and based on that I added a few cm at the bust , 2 cm per seam , using information from Pattern Fitting with confidence from Nancy Zieman, the method with rotating the pattern.
The first two pictures are from lengthening the pattern and the third one from what was added for the bust.The muslin was really tight around the bust and at the armholes and this solved those problems.
The dress was really easy to put together, I only had the take extra care when pressing the seams to avoid getting marks on my fabric. I used no steam and always pressing from the back and using a piece of silk organza , doubled , as a pressing cloth and a lot of finger pressing or with the clapper .
The fabric was really nice to work with.The back of the fabric is a kind of tricot so that makes it also nice on the skin. I really like the slits in the sleeves and at the hem.
This was a nice and pretty fast sewing project.