Search

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Paro Cardigan by Itch to stitch Patterns


Every time Kennis from Itch to Stitch has a tester call I am eager to apply. With this pattern was the same. This is the Paro cardigan, with all the nice elements I like in a cardigan: a slim waist, the nice pleats on the back, it is not tight but also not to loose and depending on the fabric choice I can make it really chic or just casual. I used to have an RTW one that I wore till I had to admit that the poor thing was ready to retire. You can imagine how much I like this new one as I made three during this week of testing.


I think the choice of fabric is very important when deciding to make this pattern. The recovery and the drape of the fabric will affect the end results. The one above is made in a knit with 25% horizontal stretch and I think 5 % vertical stretch.The waist is hanging way too low than the actual pattern. On this version I only made the sleeves 5cm shorter than the pattern.



This one is made out of a jersey with 20% horizontal stretch and no vertical stretch. The upper bodice is shortened by 1.5cm to get the waist at a higher point than the first version, shoulder seam shortened by 3cm ( personal preference as the pattern is designed with more relaxed shoulder line) and sleeves only 2cm shorter than the original pattern. I really like this version .


And this is the third one, made in a heavier knit, something like ponte but with a suede finish ( 20%horizontal stretch with almost none vertical), the pattern the same as I used for the second version. I love this fabric, very happy I have put it to good use.  

Love the back of this pattern! 
This is a really easy pattern. In 5 hours max., including printing and putting all together you will have a Paro ready to wear. 


I made it in size 6 for the upper bodice/bust and blending to size 4 for the waist and down.
The pattern is for a week on Sale for $8 on the Itch to stitch shop .




8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you , Ellen! I can see you also wearing this style!

      Delete
  2. I love all three versions of this cardigan! They are all so beautiful, and I love the details -- especially that beautiful pleating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Emi! Yes , the pleats are really nice, I love the back!

      Delete
  3. Great version and beautiful fabric choice. All three suit you well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could this also be made in a (stretch)denim?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karin, this pattern is designed for knits and denim is a woven fabric. Kennis ( the designer of the Paro Cradigan ) does not advice this fabric as it has not enough drape for this pattern. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete