Search

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Aurora blouse and dress -Wardrobe by me pattern


This is a new favorite pattern, the Aurora blouse and dress from Wardrobe by me. I saw the tester call on Facebook and I was thinking that a pattern like this will be perfect for al the blouse fabrics I bought the last weeks so I applied and after getting accepted I started immediately to work on it. This is a timeless PDF pattern and that is always a good thing, saving some time. 


I made size 38 for the upper part, based on my bust measurement that fits exactly on size 38 and 36 for the waist and down. I also took 2 cm off from the sleeves length and added 2 cm to the bodice length. First I made the blouse version with the mandarin collar. I did want to make the pussy bow version but I did not have enough fabric, I had only 1.5 m of this crepe polyester. 


The construction is pretty easy, good instructions with clear illustrations.


I love this blouse, I had it a few times on, love the comfortable fit and still looking put together.



And...because I loved the fit on my blouse and the pattern is so easy to make, I made also a dress version...and this time with a floral crepe, long sleeves, pussy bow, ruffle and pockets, yes I know, all in one garment I was thinking it will be too much, but I really love it. 


This fabric is so beautiful, sewing it and wearing it is a pleasure. The colors are also fantastic, I think these pictures don`t give the real colors. 

 

I wanted first to make the yoke in a plain red, but changed my mind at the last minute ( my sister said that the floral will make it perfect no need to disrupt with the red so I could not see it another way :) 
Seeing this, I still believe all floral was the good call :))



I like that the dress is not very boxy so I can wear it unbelted. Also, I am happy I made the pockets, I never know what to do with my hands when I take pictures :).


I am very satisfied with this two items, happy I used again two fabrics that I love, the green one was more than two years ago bought...or maybe more, who knows :)) and the floral just a few weeks ago.


In other news, I made Liana jeans, with a few changes I`ve got a pretty nice fit, these are more a wearable muslin and I need to make two small changes ( longer front crotch line, I`ve shortened a bit too much and the back pockets need to be bigger) and I think the next pair will be perfect.


Aurora is on sale for a few days, at the Wardrobe by me shop.








2 comments:

  1. What a lovely pattern this is! I adore the floral dress with tie neck and I too am glad you decided to keep it all floral as it's beautiful as it is. The blouse is a great shape too and the teal green shade is a favourite of mine.
    Great jeans too Camelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am happy I kept the floral. The green blouse is already getting a lot of wear with the jeans :).Thank you for stopping by ! :)

      Delete