Search

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Maya Pants -Free pattern form Designer Stitch


A new pattern from Designer Stitch , the Maya pants (aff)! I made two of them. This one is made in a beautifully crushed viscose blend, the photos are not showing the right color and that is a shame.
The pattern has a knit yoga waistband and for this version of my Maya pants I used a piece of poly knit that had the "right" color to go with my other fabric .


These pants are really comfortable, very easy to make and wear! I made a size 2 and made no alteration. I also added the back pockets in this version.


I just love the metallic look of this fabric, without being shiny, very strange :) 



For the top I used the bodice of the Kate Tea dress, the box top option actually. I wanted to just cover the waistband of my pants, but I guess I did not measure good enough so I had to add a strip of fabric, I like it!


This was the first version I made, in a medium viscose . This has a great drape and it was perfect for the pattern. The waistband is made with black ponti knit. 



There is also elastic sewn in the waistband, where it gets attached to the pants, and that keeps the pants perfect in place.


If you want to make a pair of super comfortable Maya pants ( aff), you can get the pattern free by joining the Designer Stitch Pattern support group on Facebook. There you will find the code the make the pattern free in the shop! Happy sewing! 

2 comments:

  1. They look fabulous! So elegant yet also comfortable. The short boxy top goes so well with them.

    ReplyDelete