This is my first item for the #Knipmodechallenge2017, I am a little behind as I should make every month at least one pattern from the KnipMode magazines I have ( and I have a lot plus a subscription).
The pattern is from issue 2/2015, dress #19, also as PDF pattern here. It has a beautiful square neckline, no side seams, the princess seams goes to the side and also it has pockets! All kind of interesting elements. In the magazine, the dress is much shorter. I added 7cm to the length ( just under the pockets). Also, I did not use a zipper as the neckline is wide enough for my head and the style is pretty wide so no need for the zipper.
The dress in the magazine is lined but my fabric was not requiring a lining so I just took the facings from top 20 that is actually the dress pattern made in a top.
The fabric is a stretch pique, I just love it! The structure is nice, the print is nice, the color ...so I bought 2,5m more in case I wanted to make something else with it. After I measured the pattern, I decided to go with size 34, even if in the Knipmode size chart I am more 38/36. That was a good call. I had to take off 1.5cm from the shoulder wide, that is a standard for me. Overall my muslin was fitting nice except the armholes, way too low. To fix that I used this video from Threads .Not only you see how to adjust the armhole but also how to adjust the sleeve to fit in the new armhole.
The back is simple, a little boxy but not too, for me anyway. The dress is very comfy and I think is going to be great in the spring and the summer... we don`t get really hot summer days here.
The square line is a new one for me but I really like it. I am very pleased with the dress and happy I got to make this pattern.