Search

Monday, March 26, 2018

Knippie dress


This is the kind of dress I would like to make for myself and wear all day!Super comfortable with pockets and suitable for cozy warm knit fabrics. But this time the dress is for Lisa :) ! 

**********
Dit is het soort jurk ik wil voor mezelf maken en de hele dag dragen! Super comfortabel, met zakken en geschikt voor gezellige warme gebreide stoffen. Maar deze keer de jurk is voor Lisa:)


The pattern is from Knippie Magazine 5/2016, Dress 119. I made size 134 with the length of 146. The original is very short and I wanted to make it a little longer for warmth. Lisa fits in their 128 size in the size chart but after I measured the pattern pieces I realized that 134 fits her perfect.
 The pattern comes with facings to finish the neck but I used a strip of the fabric folded in half ( just a bit smaller than the circumference of the neck hole on the dress ) and I sew that using my serger.

**********

Het patroon is van Knippie Magazine 5/2016, Jurk 119. Ik heb maat 134 gemaakt met de lengte van 146. Het origineel is erg kort en ik wilde het iets langer maken voor warmte. Lisa past in hun maat 128 in de maattabel, maar nadat ik de patroondelen had gemeten, realiseerde ik me dat 134 perfect bij haar past.

Het patroon is voorzien van beleg om de nek af te werken, maar ik heb een strook stof dubbelgevouwen, net iets kleiner dan de omtrek van het halsgat, en dat heb ik met my locker genaaid. 


Very easy to make, I think this can be done in a half hour! For me took a lot much longer because I had the brilliant idea to use my coverstitch to add a bit of interest at the seams. That is a great detail but in my case, my machine did skip a few stitches and I had to undo some seams and boy, that took a lot of time! At a moment I was so done with the whole unpicking that I could not bear to take anything out again! So, I had the same print fabric in another color and I made a small applique to cover the mistake. I hate that machine!!!

**********

Zeer gemakkelijk te maken, ik denk dat dit in een half uur kan worden gedaan! Voor mij duurde het veel langer omdat ik het briljante idee had om mijn deksteek machine ( coversteek) te gebruiken om een beetje interesse toe te voegen. Dat is een geweldig detail, maar in mijn geval heeft mijn machine een paar steken overgeslagen en moest ik enkele naden ongedaan maken en jongen, dat kostte veel tijd! Op een gegeven moment was ik zo klaar met het hele ontrafelen dat ik het niet kon verdragen om er weer iets uit te halen! Dus ik had dezelfde printstof in een andere kleur en ik maakte een kleine applicatie om de fout te dekken. Ik haat die machine !!!


I love the fabric! It is french terry from Driessenstofen  , beautiful quality after a few times washing it is still beautiful. Very soft and comfortable, of course, perfect for children's clothes.

**********

Ik ben dol op de stof! Het is french terry van Driessenstofen, mooie kwaliteit na een paar keer wassen is het nog steeds mooi. Zeer zacht en comfortabel, natuurlijk perfect voor kinderkleding.



Lisa is really happy with her dress and me too with the pattern. 

**********

Lisa is erg blij met haar jurk en ik ook met het patroon.

No comments:

Post a Comment