Search

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Extra Sharp Pencil Skirt-Liesl+co


I think this is the first pencil skirt I ever sew...not this one but this pattern . This denim version is the second one from the Pencil Skirt pattern by Liesl+co. 


I made a size 4 in a thin cotton to test the fit. Also, when I am sewing new things to me, making a muslin helps me also to practice , in this case making the walking vent. The only change I made was to take 0.6cm ( 1/4")  from the vertical seams of the front panel only.

The fabric is a stretch denim. I made a few samples trying to distress the fabric but I didn`t really like the look. So I just went with topstitching the seams.


The pattern has also a longer version and I want to try that too. Maybe also a lined version. On YouTube I found a very good tutorial on how to add/sew a lining on a skirt/dress with a walking vent. I found it very clear .


I added a bit of a detail on the waist facing:), a trim on the edge. I also mitered the corners of the vent, I like the look better than just folding the hem .

The only thing I don`t like is that this fabric refuses to get ironed, also in wrinkles pretty bed, but the skirt fits perfect so I am going to wear it a and call it , crushed denim skirt :))

...and here is the skirt in "action"













2 comments:

  1. Nice! and so perfectly sewn at the back seam, zipper and vent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! If those are not as good as I can make them, I have the feeling that everybody is watching there :)))

      Delete