Search

Monday, July 16, 2018

French Connection dress -Patrones Magazine 385


Finally, I had the time to make a new pattern from Patrones Magazine. There are so much of them on my "to sew" list but sadly the time is not enough to make them all...I do have fabric for the most :)).
This pattern is pattern 29 -Dress French Connection from Patrones 385.
If you would like to see a small review on Patrones in general and also the video review on the dress you can see that on my YouTube Chanel here  .



In the magazine was only a flat picture of the dress, but after a bit of searching on the internet I found the actual dress, it was sold for €125. I was happy to find it because so I could see how the fit it was supposed to be. I traced (Spanish sizes, as they are in the magazine) size 38 for the shoulders, 42 for the bust and 40/42 for the waist and hips. One of the adjustments I almost always do is the shoulder length and after I measured the pattern I took 3cm out and after that, I made a muslin. I added 1 cm on each side seam to add a bit of extra room around the bust/hips/waist. Also, I took 1cm horizontally on front and back bodice, that raised the armhole by 1cm and also the waist got raised.  


The dress has princess seams that are making the pockets also. The pattern has a drawstring in the waist but I just make a casing and add elastic. For the casing, I used a thinner fabric to reduce the bulk in the waist.


The back of the dress has also a pleat, they forgot to put that on the technical drawing but I found it on the back pattern piece if I did not make the pleat the yoke would have bee too big anyway.


The dress cost me €15 :) , the buttons are from an old shirt, and I think they are a perfect match.

Because I don`t understand the Spanish instructions, I used for the popover placket and the sleeve placket, the tutorials from Liesl+co, for their Classic Shirt  , really great and super clear.

I am very happy with this dress, I worked a few days on it, every time a little bit and I think it was worth it to take the time to get the fit right.
Here below you can see the " action" video 




Thank you for stopping by, and happy sewing! 





2 comments: